Sunday, June 23, 2019

Big Little Things: Episode 2: Thick as Thieves

I had never felt alone here in this big city down South and far away from home until--I want to call it the 'Shit dropped from Heaven' day.

Keeping up reputation, I reached late at the Decathalon store that seemed to be on the other end of the world. You had been waiting there for eons and I arrived carrying a baggage full of guilt after exchanging several calls and messages with you about my whereabouts. Well, that didn't deter me from taking all my time to shop for my first Himalayan trek.

We dragged ourselves out of the place, but unbeknownst, I still had some more trouble to offer you. So, I ran in to check if I had mistakenly bought track pants for males.

Next moment, we found ourselves outside the store with you checking your phone and preparing to make a dash. Although we did exchange some sweets we got from home, we were quick to go our own way soon after.

All hell broke loose when I reached home. I was helpless as I was watched myself get assaulted in front of my home. No one from the PG came out to help me. I called you and informed you about it but you did nothing more than listening to me and saying take care--I am not sure if you really said that.

I overlooked your indifference but dreamed about you leaving me in wilderness as I choked on my own blood. It shook me more than it did in reality. After I narrated my dream, I saw the concern you had for me. You knew when I would sound low, what confused me and even met me to untangle the spindle of problems that I had created.

I could see that you became a somebody from a nobody. I changed my emergency contact details to your number. I looked forward to having conversations with you. Did you realize how it would lift a heavy weight from my chest after a mere 30-minute phone conversation.

I trusted us. We were thick as thieves.





No comments:

Post a Comment