Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Writer


With intent to write something I open the usual MS-Word. When a blank page opens up, it stares at me as if reflecting the intellects of my mind. The dark, still and numb blankness, waits to be filled with the aroma of thoughts. Then slowly the thoughts start building up, as if flying like a flock of birds, one after another, in a row, painting the canvas beneath the cranium. Slowly it triggers a landslide, and in an instant I see myself typing. To bring about the small wonders of the big world into few words and phrases may not seem a big task. What is necessary is to grab your attention… yes yours!

A writer I am, and I seek your attention. Not to be famous or acclaimed but to be appreciated for my piece of work, my thoughts, for the least to just go through it once, whole of it at a time. I want to connect with you. A mind-to-mind, rather heart-to-heart tunnel, that beams out to you an essence of my thoughts, and in return get your attention and approval.
What not we try, to prevent your eyes, from doodling over to your phone every other second or leave the read even for a moment. Sarcasm, jokes, just-kidding truths, matter of facts or even fiction. Yet you wander off. Well if you did, come back please.

The cursor blinks again, may be thrice a second, waiting to be shifted the right way. Thinking is in the process. I look up, towards the only light source that lights up my room, bring my eyelids down, stop at some spot and blur my vision, until I cast about, inside my head, looking for the right words to pop out. Vision back to the screen, fingers jumping from key to key, I am writing again.

Meanwhile you get bored, may be, “God! When is it going to get finished? “. You ask your brain, what to do next, leave it half way and get back to checking your phone; just in-case another text just arrived.I can only hope you don’t do that. I try my best to keep you affixed.

I am a writer, never perfect and craving for it. Your reaction is my scorecard. I need you to be as still as you are while taking a picture. No don’t move, don’t shift, blink less, and keep on reading, left to right. 

You came down, thank you. I think I have got your eyeballs now. Follow me!
My world isn't a piece of cake
                                                Neither is it a cakewalk
               
                  You follow me here and if you don’t
                                                                                               
You are always free to walk
               
                               
This way please…      Thank you..

No comments:

Post a Comment